Thursday, September 28, 2017

Happy Birthday to Me!!


Hey,

Yes, I am vain enough to write a post about myself ON my birthday.

I'm 44 today - yay!

I can be a bit funny about 'odd' years and this year has thrown me some stuff to deal with, but I am over that.

Being down about the whole complication this was dragging me down and so I focused.

I sorted out what I wanted from work and I am so happy I did, I spent more time just chilling with Hubby and less time rushing around, I've got a really happy life..but something was a bit off.

Before my op, I was doing a lot of yoga and I was getting good at it and in shape, but I was SO weak after the op, I couldn't do that.

I joined a gym to get fit and strong and boom met the best PT ever, the amazing Wendel.

Wendel has helped me work my arse off, even when I was useless and wanted to give up. He really helped me focus and that flows into all aspects of my life.

So now I am for the first time ever fit and strong, my body can do things I didn't think were possible and it motivates me. A handy by-product is the loss of a lot of weight.

I took the photo today last week. This is the moment that I realised my body has changed - I was all 'woah..that's me' Finally I'm accepting what all this hard work gives me.

I am super grateful that in a rather strange world (right now) that I have so very much because of the people in my life.

So the lesson learnt at 43, be grateful, be happy, be strong, be healthy.

And I am.

Time to celebrate with a ton of margaritas!!

Cx

P.s Happy Birthday Jadey.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Claire! you're looking good !! and I'm so glad that you are feeling much better now. Hope you have a happy year ahead hun!
    Lots of Love, Sue B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! You should have told me it was your birthday, I would have sent you a card. I'm feeling slightly smug that I'm a few weeks younger than you though! You're in much better shape than me mind. Hope you had a fabulous birthday and that you were spolit rotten x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx