Thursday, January 19, 2017

New leaf...


Hey,

I recently bought a great Simon Says Stamp leaf die in their sale.

But it is HUGE, so it was a bit daunting.

I thought it would be good to have a play with the die and see what happened, before trying to make something with it.

Below is what I started with - a Tim Holtz stencil, the leaf die-cut and two different green distress stains.

I placed the stencil over the die-cut and used the lighter green stain through the stencil first. I dried that and then used the darker green sparingly over it in random places.

This was the result - 


I was pretty happy with how it ended up and then I cut it in two and made two cards.

The main card uses a tag that I got as part of a prize and a Crazy Bird that I had coloured previously. JT gave me the set as part of our $20 challenge and the sentiment is part of the set. I think using the slightly bright bird makes the card less twee!

The next card was inspired by all the MFT flower stamps I had out on my desk. I used the Bold Blooms set here along with sentiments by Concord & 9th. The tag is from Paper Source and I bought a giant bag of them in their sale..to continue to feed my store bought tag addiction!


I ended up with two rather different cards, but I really like them both and think it was a great way to ease into the new die.

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Fab your cards! Love the way you handled the new leaf die.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx