Saturday, October 29, 2016

Totally Tropical...



Hey,

Hope you are having a good weekend. 

Hubby and I are in DTown with the Nixons, aka JT's folks.

No doubt we are eating, drinking, gambling, shopping and getting up to mischief.

I thought I would show you a set of cards that I made for a friend..unfortunately it would seem that I did not take a photo of the 4th card in the set, which is very odd, but these things happen!

I decided I wanted to make my friend a set of 'tropical' themed cards, because she recently moved to the beach and has a whole Flamingo theme in her office.

So I broke out my Lawn Fawn 'Flamingo Together' set and a Freebie Pineapple set that I got with a magazine.

I chose colours that felt tropical, so the main card uses a hot pink card blank and a random fabric hello sticker that I chose because of the bright colours. I added a beautiful gold word sticker to this, totally completed the card for me. I used the texture paste background as it felt like the pattern on a Pineapple.

The cards below continue the bright colour theme, the one on the left uses a watercolour striped background that I made ages ago when I was having a play with a Stampin' Up stamp. I added a gold strip and some Tim Holtz word stickers and star bling. The gold thread behind the Flamingo took WAY longer than it needed to.

The card on the right, uses another one of those 'Pineapple' paste backgrounds. I added some washi tape and then mounted the stamped and die-cut pineapple over the top of it.


Lots of fun to make and I used lots of pre made items, which is nice to do, sometimes I don't want to have to wait for things to dry (impatient? me?)

 I hope that my friend likes them, along with the other 'tropical' things that are in the box I sent her.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx