Saturday, August 13, 2016

Here comes the bride...


Hey,

Happy weekend to you!!

One of my fave blogland buddies Cara of Crafting Bunnies, is on the design team for Penny's Paper-crafting Challenges and I thought it would be fun to be supportive and play along with the current challenge.

The current challenge is 'Anything Goes' and one of their sponsors is All Dressed Up.. I really like the digital stamps by All Dressed up, so it seemed like a perfect time to break out my new The Gorgeous Bride stamp.

I have absolutely no need for a wedding card, but I love making them and someone always needs one..

I coloured the stamp using Promarkers and kept the colours soft and all tonally the same. I wanted to keep the background soft and so used a die-cut piece of patterned vellum that a friend sent me. Here is a close-up because you have to see this gorgeous vellum..


Randomly, I found a scrap of pale pink spotty ribbon on my desk (my desk is a hovel right now) and thought it worked really well on my card.

I love the sentiment, by American Crafts, it fits the image so well, as this card feels more like a girlfriend to bride on her Wedding Day or Shower.

Both the bride and the sentiment were die-cut using MFT stitched dies (regular rectangles and rounded rectangles).

I am super happy with my finished card, it came out exactly as I had pictured it in my head - well bar the additional piece of ribbon..anyway that totally never happens, so it felt good!

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is stunning, so pleased that you highlighted that gorgeous vellum so that we could see it. Lovely to have you join us for the challenge. We have 5 weddings being planned at work, so I think I might go into wedding card making melt down! I feel I ought to take issue about your desk being a hovel. My desk is a hovel on its very tidiest day compared to your desk at any time! At least the untidiness doesn't seem to be stopping you from creating beautiful cards like this one. Cara X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great piece, I love a serendipidous piece of ribbon! The pink layers are super, great coloring that image x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Claire. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx