Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Retro Rubber #42 Brads or Eyelets..


Hey,

It's time for another superb challenge over at Retro Rubber

This theme asks you to dig out old school embellishments and combine them with your older stamps


I opted for Brads, as I really do not use the massive stash of them that I have (same for eyelets..)

I have had the 'You're a Star' set by Lawn Fawn since 2013 and it informed my card idea.

I die-cut two white stitched square (dies by Simon Says Stamp) panels in two different sizes.

I stamped the Lawn Fawn sentiment on one and added the star brads - by Papermania circa 2010!! and I stamped the bigger panel with a Pebbles star stamp (approx 2014), which I then coloured with Promarkers.

I mounted the two panels onto a square card blank - voila! Complete card.

I really love it, it reignited my brad love and I have to use them more..

Your turn to show us how you've used brads and/or eyelets, but first go over to Retro Rubber and view the fun makes by my teammates.

Challenge ends on July 15th. Don't forget to use a stamp a year or older and tell us about it that's part of the fun. Also, please limit your entries to 10 challenges including ours.

Cx

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous star card with all the right little touches! Great way to tie the colors of the brads to the background star stamp, perfect color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute brads and love the star theme for a bright and cheery card for someone special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! How perfect are these brads for this card!! Positively awesome and makes me want to get crafty!❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, I love this starry card! My favorite detail is the Pebbles layer... it looks like designer paper! Great job, teammate!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this fun star patterned, super cute!!! I'm so excited to be on the team with you at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, love the sentiment and those brads are so cute! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire, I love those cute little brad stars and the way they look like your pattern paper. Fantastic card, I adore that sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hats off to the brad queen, that's a great card. Great call just colouring the outline of the star stamp, really clean that way and totally keeping with the style. I couldn't even manage two brads, I had to cop out with just one as a flower centre, you know I struggle with hardware! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Happy Happy is what this card makes me! I love all the stars, the brads and the primary colors! Fantastic as always!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx