Wednesday, May 11, 2016

WOYWW #362...Double life...


Hey,

Happy WOYWW.

I have decided to reward myself for working so hard, by making time to play WOYWW this week - yay!

I love this time of the week where we go and visit Julia over at her blog Stamping Ground and nosy at lots and lots of lovely desks and hangout a bit with our blogland buddies.

My desk photo shows how my craft desk lives a double life as my work desk..I know shocking right?!

You can see my laptop, my keyboard, my mouse - because I am a geek, I don't need a monitor, I have jacked him into my massive Dell all-in-one, which is working a giant monitor for the odious Mac thing. My notebook, notepads (because I walk all over the house taking calls and these are very portable and magnetic, so I scribble notes here and do not mess up my notebook....) and pens.

Doesn't look much different really, but I have found putting odious Mac thing away at night means the work day is over and playtime can commence - hence the twofer shot, showing my desk back to it real purpose :)

It's always this clean after work..
Also, I wanted to give you a sneak peek of the Pocket Letter that I made and sent to Nikki C - can't see it all because she hasn't received it yet :)

What a pocket letter looks like all folded up for posting

All wrapped to prevent damage and for a bit of a surprise..
The New York paper was bought shortly after we moved to NYC..check out my desk 3 years ago..

Fun times, I love to swap stuff :) Message me if you want to swap things.

I am super excited, tomorrow is my Friday as JT arrives, so we can go to Providence for the Mixed Media Loft Art Retreat..I think this constitutes the world's most expensive playdate, but I don't care, it will be fun to see JT and play together.

Cx

11 comments:

  1. I couldn't work at my craft desk so I commend you for your efforts on a daily basis for that. The pocket letter is crazy, that was a serious mission. Playdates are more rewarding emotionally than any other craft so it's worth it man. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This means you always keep your playtime desk tidy as well. I am SOooo impressed with that. I do work at my craft desk, but only one end of it - so the other end is frequently a chaotic space!!
    Well done on finishing that pocket letter. A work of art.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree when you have a smaller space you feel the need to keep it tidy. The best reason for me is so the other half doesn't know how much I own lol but I try to keep it reasonable. Oh I see a little sneak of what's to come and I like the idea of maybe making a PL letter with super old stash wonder how that would look if I made one from mine might give it a go
    Hugs Nikki 7
    And yep still stalking the mailman all he brought today was flyers :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Girl... I LOVE your pocket letter thingy and I too LOVE to swap stuff (and finally have the time to create and swap... RETIRED!!!) Grin And Don't hate me but not only retired, but just finished building my dream studio in my dream house on our dream one acre of land... SWOON! Do pop on over for a visit and let me know how/what/when we can SWAP STUFF! Scrapbook Lynne Mizera WOYWW #55

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Claire... I got your message on my site but the email you you left me isn't working. will you send me your address at scrapbooklynne(at)hotmail(dot)com and I will send you mine? Thanks for the visit!!!

      Delete
  5. What a tidy desk! I suppose if you work from home it has to be! Well done for separating your desk into a work/leisure desk.
    The PL looks intriguing.
    Happy WOYWW,
    Lisca#16

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a lovely time. Love your pocket letter. It looks wonderful.

    Sharon K #40

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pocket letter sounds cool. Happy WOYWW BJ#26

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clean! Nice pocket letter!
    Have a great day.
    Diane – WOYWW #31

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, now I know your desk has a double life, I understand why it's always so tidy! Happy belated Wednesday aka Happy Thursday! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kudos to you for being able to work and play at the same desk. Would not work for me. I'd go nuts. LOL My spaces are at opposite corners of the new studio. Those pocket letters look fun. I'd love to swap goodies or letters some time. Creative Blessings! Kelly #42 (KellyH (at) artlover (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx