Wednesday, March 16, 2016

WOYWW #354...What it means to me...


Hey,

Happy WOYWW.

It's my first one in a while and I thought given Julia's news last week, that it was only fitting that I talk about what WOYWW means to me.

Julia's weekly global desk nosy (at her blog Stamping Ground) has introduced me to some wonderful people - including Julia.

Before I talk about some of the lovely people I've met via WOYWW lets look at my desk - from Tues night..
Mid 'creative' flow it was a bit chaotic, you can see a tin of mini distress inks ontop of a pile of stamps, there is a drawer from my Promarker unit (there is one cube with mini drawers for stuff), this drawer has all my mini stamp blocks in it and some misc mini stamps, in front of my Filofax you can see some of the mini stamp blocks, peeking out from under the Filofax is a project I'm working on.

I have a great set of friends that have come from WOYWW, Superstamp Girl, Kim Young, Carole and Darnell to name a few of them. 
Today I'm 'showcasing' Darnell.. just before I went on holiday last month, a little envelope arrived from Darnell -


In the envelope was the cool card and Papertrey Ink Balloon dies!!

She sent them to me because I commented on her blog that I loved a card of hers that featured balloon dies and that I had to get some. She said she thought it was a shame I didn't have any and she had too many for one girl.

How sweet is that..it came just at the right time :)

I made this card for a class I am teaching next month, using the new dies -


I thought it would be a simple make for my class of beginners.

Thanks to all the wonderful friends I've made via WOYWW, you all rock.

Have a great WOYWW see you all for a desk nosy later.

Cx


11 comments:

  1. Good morning, Claire. What a lovely post today. Very heartfelt. That PTI balloon set is so cute and I love the sentiment on the card. Will have to remember that one. Creative Blessings! Kelly #53

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the busy desk and appreciate the visit. The window is both a curse and a blessing a lot of times things going on in the woods are more interesting than what going on with the desk! Angie #48

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful random act of kindness! Love the card you made with your new die!
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #32

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, I am sure your beginners will love it - think the others will too, who could fail?
    Hugs and Thank You for visiting me earlier - Neet 18 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet to Some balloon dies sent to you that is a great card for beginners to try plus if they want to get fancy they decorate the balloons
    Sure I can swap a pocket letter if you want to give it a go send me an email with your snail mail
    Hugs Nikki 41

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really lovely words and will mean a lot to Julia...you've said what so many of us feel. Such great friendships have been made, both in reality and on the web. How lovely of Darnell to send those bits and pieces 💕
    Hugs, LLJ 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post!

    It was so nice for her to send the balloons to her - what a great friend. The card looks wonderful.

    Have a good week
    Sharon K #45

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun is that, and isn't it what woyww is about?

    :)trisha
    #52 this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great busy desk. Lots to peak at! What a lovely parcel from Darnell. I agree with you - WOYWW is pretty special. I've met up with several of the folk on here now - and thoroughly enjoyed their company. It's a fabulous supportive group.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #16

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful gift and what a fab card you made with them. Your desk is looking far too tidy! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated WOYWW love your desk and look at you tin full of mini distress inks... Love your card you have made with the balloons. Have a wonderful week. Hugs~Anne L #36

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx