Monday, September 22, 2014

Keeping it simples...


Hi,

Hope you all had a good weekend.

I had a great one - the spa was AMAZING on Saturday and I have spent the rest of the weekend in a post-spa blissful glow!

I recently discovered the Just Add Ink challenge blog - last week was my first entry. This week's challenge made me think of my lovely SSS Delicate Dahlia Dies -


I decided that as the finished flowers are quite fussy a more CAS approach would be good.

As I made 4 flowers it seems sensible to make a couple of cards. The main photo is my entry, the card below is the 'spare'

CAS flower card
I have just purchased Scriptalious Sentiments by Pink Petticoat and thought they would aid my CAS cards. I printed the sentiments as they come (next time I will try printing them in a co-ordinating colour) and used my Martha Stewart scoring board to add borders to both cards.

The Dahlias are coloured with a mixture of gelatos, distress inks and wink of stella brush pens. Thank you to Amber at Damask Love for the tips and encouraging me to buy the dies :)

Love the simplicity of both of my cards - finished off with a bit of bling...of course!

Cx

9 comments:

  1. HI Claire, glad you had a great time at the spa..love this CAS card, such a pretty stamp..and yes, I got those sentiments too! LOL Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! these are gorgeous Claire… I love the pretty flowers and the sentiments look really fab! :-)
    glad you had a nice relaxing time at the Spa…. sounds blissful !!
    Hope you have a good week!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire I love the way you have captured the colours from the JAI inspiration picture perfectly in the colouring of your dahlias! Thanks for sharing with us :)


    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, I love your interpretation of the inspiration photo. It is lovely to not see any blue in sight, as I think most of us have used it!! You flowers are just delicious! Thanks for playing at JAI this week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Claire, I love the colours you've come up with for your dahlias - perfect for the inspiration pic. Love the white space on your cards too, nice and clean. Thank you so much for joining the challenge fun with us at Just Add Ink again this week. x

    Lucky you to have a spa day. Oh I wish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both lovely card's. I like your CAS style. Sounds like you had the perfect weekend. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are lovely Claire - they capture the pure distilled essence of the inspiration picture! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this weel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Claire! I love the softly coloured flowers, the scored lines and the gorgeous font of the sentiments. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week; so glad you've found us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! The scored edges are so elegant

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx