Sunday, June 1, 2014

Simon Says Stamp...card kit June...


Hi,

Hope you are having a good weekend. Mine has been nice and relaxing (bar the gym and yoga..) and I have mainly been at my desk.

I have been making cards using my Simon Says Stamp June card kit. I love the stamp set with this kit.

SSS June Card Kit
The papers are very summery and very me.

All of the cards I have made so far use heat embossing, as I think the stamp set lends itself to this technique.

The main card has the swirly flower centres heat embossed - a new one for me, embossing over another stamped element. There is a bit of 'splatter' but I am getting better..slowly! Here is a detail shot, so you can see the embossing.

Embossing detail
Here are the other 2 cards that I made with this kit -

Hey Friend..

Happy Birthday..
The yellow stripy card has the flowers heat embossed onto vellum - I was a bit nervous about this technique, but the embossing is really crisp and I'm itching to try it again.

I've used papers, washi tape, enamel dots, stamps and adhesive alphas from the kit across the 3 cards. I really never thought a card kit was for me, but I actually find it really fun once a month to have a more 'set' way of making cards.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. I love these! The patterns of the stamps are very cool - love the last card as a more masculine take - and that heat embossed layers in the first are well cool. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. NB: Check out color throwdown this week, there is a card from the DT that must use the same kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Claire, really cool cards, what a fab kit...love the heat embossing, you're quite right it really does make them pop..super guy card too! Hugs, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx