Friday, June 6, 2014

Playing in the Craft Room...


Hi,

I've had a few cards to make for friends and family recently and so I dragged out some new kit, some old kit and sat down to have a play..

The main card today uses a new Gorjuss stamp that JT kindly sent me :) I had wanted it for ages. She mentioned that I was lucky she posted it, as she fell in love with it.

I coloured her with Promarkers, stenciled the background to match her dress and added some ribbon and a hexagon for the sentiment. As you can see it started life as a Hello..it has now been modified to be Happy Birthday.. The stencil is by Simon Says Stamp, the spotty paper tape is from The Works in the UK and the gold ribbon is from Target..love craft supplies for $1

The next 2 cards use my new Big Eared Bunny stamps by Zlota..I love these bunnies and tracked them down, after seeing a few crafters using them.

Big Eared Bunny - Balloon
This is my second attempt at paper piecing...such a clever technique and one that has always terrified me a bit! But I really love the results here - this card is actually an OWH make, that has a duplicate for a friend. The balloon paper is by Pink Petticoat.
Big Eared Bunny - Rocket
I used a precious piece of Bo Bunny 'Blast Off' paper for this card, I love the little mini rockets around the big one. Once again this is an OWH make that has a dupe for a friend..the other card has glitter glue in the flame, which I can't do for OWH.

I love the variety here. I will show you more cards that I made using my 2 new Gorjuss stamps next week.

Hope you have a Happy Friday and a lovely weekend. I am off to Atlantic City with Hubby this weekend, the Nixon Seniors were coming, but their plans have had to change..due to some fantastic news. 

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, these are all gorjuss...oops gorgeous! Love big eared bunny and you have coloured Gorjuss so beautifully...fab cards, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every single one of these. The colors on the Gorjuss fox is incredible, it reminds me of something from my childhood - maybe a dress that I had or something. Anyway it made me feel very nostalgic. And those big ear bunnies continue to crack me up, maybe I will play with them this weekend as well! x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx