Monday, November 25, 2013

Colourful mistake....


Hey there, hope you had a good weekend..

Hubby and I laid low, as it is COLD here in NYC, but it meant that I got to finish off my Christmas cards and nearly finish the advent calendar I am making our Niece.

In amongst everything else I had enough time to make something for ONE challenge and I love the Color Throwdown (#269) palette this week, I chose CDT as my challenge this weekend.


My main photo is my second attempt at this card..I had made what I felt was the perfect card for the challenge - then I had a stamp malfunction...


I had to cover the stamp mess-up (you can just see it poking out from underneath the label) with a punched label and a peel-off..meh! I am going to use the card, it's too pretty to waste :)

I am very happy with my final card, it was fun to make as I dug out a favourite American Crafts teacup stamp. I coloured it using Promarkers in Pear Green, Warm Grey 3 and Dusty Pink, which I think are a match for Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede and Dusty Durango. I used peach and vanilla Co're-dinations papers.
The sentiment is by Hero Arts and I think it works really well here, I stamped it using a soft grey Studio G ink. The final touch is a Candi (as usual).

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Your teacups are adorable!! Thanks for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those sweet teacups! What a great CAS design! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are a great way to showcase the throwdown colors! So glad to see you in the gallery this week!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx