Wednesday, September 25, 2013

WOYWW #225 An early birthday gift...


Hello and Happy WOYWW to you all - Weds already and not a single post from me..tut tut.
For those of you that don't know what WOYWW is, pop over to meet Julia and the gang at her blog Stamping Ground for our weekly global desk nose.

Ok, so let's do my desk first and birthday gifts last..so that Julia doesn't tell me off :)

My desk is a hectic hub..you can see...new Pink Petticoat images printed ready for colouring, thank you cards for my bday, a few cards made and ready to post, my beloved trimmer, glasses, bone creaser, tape and a million other things. This is a different view of my desk you get to see ALL of my messy space..

As most of you know I am turning 40 on Saturday and there is still time for you to click on the image to the right of my blog and sign up for 40 for 40.

I have had 2 early birthday gifts...the first being a beautiful backgammon set from JT's parents..Hubby and I spent the weekend with them, they are a hoot. We went to Philly and I ran up the Art Museum steps...just like Stallone in the Rocky films..only I did it in 3 inch gold wedges...

Me running up the Philadelphia Art Museum Steps
The second is that I have got my first DT position!! I am overjoyed and thrilled to be joining Moving Along With The Times...run by Hazel in Scotland..I start next week - EEK!! Check out the shiny new DT badge on my sidebar..

Final pics are of the x2 cards that are made and on my desk...

Thank You - stenciled birdcage
Stenciled background, stamped Eiffel Tower 
The Eiffel Tower ones are to say thank you to the neighbour that hosted Dr Kevin's dinner a couple of weeks ago.

Lemon (my Bestie) arrives tonight and I am so excited to see her! 5 months is too long to be apart...she's my wife...

We are off to Atlantic City this weekend to celebrate with Hubby, his bestie Polly (who is in town for a conference), Lemon and our new NYC friend Hari.

I'm off to look at desks now as I have just walked in from work (it's Weds AM here in NYC) then to bed...

Cx

22 comments:

  1. Have a Happy 40th Birthday. happy crafting #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday

    Thanks for sharing and have a great week.

    Hugs Candace
    #36

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Claire! What a fun and athletic thing for you to do, you young thing!! Well done! If I forget to come back on Saturday, have a wonderful birthday! Enjoy your time with Lemon and friends!! Hugs, Darnell (#22)

    (Thanks for the visit to me, too. I will email you the address - and mine, too, if I haven't already.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darnell, I do need your details haven't got your address yet. Cx

      Delete
  4. Well happy 40th to you!! What a joyful thing to do - have fun, visit with friends, open gifties, etc! sounds like you are doing all the right things :) I love your run up the steps ala the movie! That is THE COOLEST!!

    Blessings!
    Kelly #43

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay - go girl !! Running up all the steps in wedges !!! Awesome. A fit 40 :-)
    Super card creations and CONGRATS on the DT position :-)

    HAPPY WOYWW 225

    IKE in Greece #75 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab cards and your work desk looks so cosy! Love your photo of you running up the steps lol

    Scrapping Life no. 82

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... running? I have the age to 'walk' *teehee*... I just filled out your contact form so you know what I'm talking about ;) CONGRATS on the DT spot too, awesome!!! Happy woyww and a big hug from Holland. Marit #76

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Happy 40th - running up those steps in gold wedges - that's impressive! Congrats on that DT post! Well done you! The cards are stunning too! Happy WOYWW! Julie Ann xx #35

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!! I celebrated mine just two weeks before you but have quite a few years on you! I can't even walk in 3 inch wedges!!

    Wonderful cards all!

    Hope your Wednesday is absolutely wonderful!!

    Lynn #20

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everyone thanks so much for the birthday wishes and the lovely comments about me running up the steps...Cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the paris cards.
    Hope you have the best weekend of celebrations imaginable :)
    Laura 102

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a wonderful birthday Claire and enjoy your time with Lemon. Huge Congrats and good luck on you DT position. Go Girl! MMx #48

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eat your heart out, Rocky! I know Stallone couldn't do that in 3-inch gold wedgies. So exciting for your design team position. That's so neat. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it. Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy your day on Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to MAWTT Claire, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a messy desk LOL, and love the pic of you running up the steps, its a long time since I ran anywhere!!!
    Love your sweet cards too
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many congratulations on the DT gig, it's so exciting to be chosen. Many Happy Returns for the weekend. If I tried to run up those steps I'd need oxygen at the top!! Hugs Pam#34

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you get to just 'pop' to places that are totally only film sets for us!! AtlanticCity, Philadelphia..how marvellous! Your desk looks tidy to me, Ilove the cards you've made..not sure how you've found time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I know my Ma says the same thing, oh just 'popping' here are we! I actually have no idea where I am finding time currently...no sleep perhaps?

      Delete
  17. Oh You are much harder than Rocky with running in the Gold Wedges!!! Love the piccys, Welcome onboard at MAWTT, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! What a great week for you. Design team. Rocky run. You go girl!
    April #21

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx