Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pottering around



Due to a rather large Friday, this weekend has been a nice pottering around the house one.

I've just been doing the easy craft related things this weekend! Like buying some stamps from Bugaboo that I have started colouring in, I am going to use them for my friend's Daughter's birthday - I want to frame them as I think they will look really nice in her bedroom and make her a matching birthday card.

Today I have been taking photos for the blog and my customers - I enjoy taking the photos, but need to catch the light at the right time, I really need a home studio set-up, so I can take the photos more often. I also went through all the recent personal cards I've made and matched them to the birthday / anniversary, etc book - very satisfying.  I have to do this every couple of weeks, as it can get a bit confusing in the craft room! Generally every thing I make fits one of three categories and I kept everything organised in these categories. These categories are -

1) Things for sale
2) Things for my personal use
3) Ideas I am trying out

It may seem a bit OCD, but I realised a while back that the things I am selling need to be relatively quick to make, as they are often required in big batches. The things I make for my personal use, I spend a bit more time and essentially play!

JT and I have been discussing this weeks Mojo Monday sketch challenge 246 and felt that it was a good one to enter. Here's the sketch -


Today's main picture is my entry, I decided I'd rotate the sketch and instead of a bow, I used a sentiment. I think it's a fun card and fits the things for sale category! The star paper is by Pink Petticoat, blue squares were made using DCWV brights adhesive stack - so easy to use. The red foam stars are from Michaels. Sentiment from the batch I cut last weekend. It's nice and simple and I think it's quite a 'man' type card, if you changed the colours it could work for 'girls' too.

Back to the craft room for me :) enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Cx


No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx