Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Over complicating things!


As you are all aware I love bunting and have been enjoying making bunting cards. Recently I wondered if I could add a twist to the bunting cards. So I had a little play and I came up with this little sketch - 


I drew the sketch using PPT - which I often do, when I am working on new ideas.

Sentiment banner - unfortunately I broke the eyelet!
It all looks nice and simple and the result is stunning - today's main picture, but it is a total pain in the bleep to make. Mainly because you can't stick all the flags down before you sew them to the card, as the top row overlaps, so you have to sew the bottom row first, then stick down the top row, then sew again.

Essentially I took my nice simple bunting idea that I have used a bejillion times and over complicated it. Needless to say, I have only managed to make 2 of these cards and no matter how beautiful they are, I will not be making them again!

Here are a few close-ups for you.

The fabric and foam flower, with jewelled brad

Close-up of the stitching
I made this card nearly 2 months ago, but I have been so traumatised by the experience it's taken me all that time to recover :)

Rule no.1 - do not over complicate. A rule that I think might be handy for more than just crafting....

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx