Thursday, June 28, 2012

New ideas


Hello! We have been having a wonderfully sunny week here in London, which makes me all cheery and positive, as I get to wear all my new summer gear!

I've been experimenting with new ideas and thought I'd share them with you. I have also been naughty and purchased a few new tools and bits and bobs, which I wanted to play with, but I also thought it would be fun to try some new things.

Today's main picture is based on a Pinterest idea I saw and I thought it would be a great use of scraps, of the new candle stamp and the new tags / labels. I'm pleased with the colour contrast, I think it works well, I don't normally work with orange, as I think it can be a bit in your face. I'll be making more of these and this one is winging it's way to a customer in a batch of samples.

The card below came about because I was playing the new Martha Stewart punch that JT bought me and I saw an idea in a card magazine this month using a similar punch and a bird. Using the Stampin' Up bird builder punch always makes me happy and I like the vintage feel of this card.It will be going in my personal stash, I might make more for sale, but I am undecided about that right now.


The next two cards were made because I wanted to try out my new flowerpot die (which I am not sure if I like it or not yet!). It's a good way to use my millions of flowers, but the pots are really not doing it for me - what do you think? These are going to be a gift for a friend, as I think she might like them more than I do!



It gets difficult to keep the card making fresh, so I am pleased I've found a few new things to add to my repertoire.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx