Friday, May 4, 2012

The playdate continues...


We made so many things on our playdate that I have at least 2 more posts of fun stuff to show you.

I am also working on some cards for the charity event that JT's Mother-in-Law is hosting. I have delivered a small batch, but I making many more - I'm working with 3 designs I think - 2 old favourites and a new one. I'll show you some pictures soon of those.

Today's main picture was an experiment, I've never embossed a patterned paper, I like the way it has come out. The colourful floral paper is from JT's Martha Stewart punch pad (DO WANT) and the chipboard butterfly is from a sheet with chipboard buttons on, that I dug out so JT and I could play with them. Below is a close-up shot - I like the texture the embossing added to the subtle pattern in the paper.


The pink card below isn't a firm favourite, it was based on a sketch and I like the idea, but now I am not convinced by the green strip! No matter, I am sure I'll find a use for it :)


The card below I love, really simple and very masculine I think. I used a really nice recollections card from Michaels' I bought these in Vegas in the sale bin - $1 for 10 cards! Bargain, you can't see but it has a slight shimmer. And no I didn't buy another scalloped punch, the small green punch was made using JT's punch (DO WANT). I can see myself making lots of these, might add these to the charity batch.


Last but not least by any means is this cheerful blue star embossed card. The corner star punch is JT's and the green felt star came from my stash. Love it, it's so fun.


So that's all for today. I am going to relax over the Bank Holiday, no partying for me, as I try and shift this cold. I'll be trying to blog too - got to get my posts back on track, following the April internet related hiatus!
Cx

1 comment:

  1. I think the green stripe on the pink thank you card really brings it to life - makes it super preppy. I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm really into the preppy vibe. I also forgot about that masculine striped card, really stylized!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx