Thursday, May 3, 2012

Basic human rights & Flamingoes!

Pink Flamingos
Apologies for my absence - due to a lack of internet in my home, which finally got sorted (by switching provider) earlier this week. I don't like to blog from work, that's proper abuse of work resources!! I can't explain how sad it's been not having the internet - it's a basic human right :)

So I still haven't found my engagement ring, but I am slightly happier as my Mother-in-Law has kindly gifted me her Aunty Adrienne's ring, which is beautiful and suits me and is a worthy replacement (temporary I hope).
There has been a lot going on in the Grantham world, we spent a lovely weekend with the Hopgoods and their 2 beautiful daughters Leila and Ana, we went out raving over Easter with Lemon (our wife), we had our first film club field trip (to the cinema), went out a lot with our friends and to top off a wonderful month we went to Jersey last weekend and stayed at Longueville Manor, which is too amazing for words! Unfortunately Hubby and I have both had (well I still have) rotten colds - I am hoping that mine doesn't mess with my plans this weekend!

The cards I have posted today are from the late March playdate I had with JT at my house. Playdate's are such fun, you get to gossip, work with someone, share your stash, it's great and even better when we remain sober-ish.

I love today's main picture - the Flamingo picture is one that I got out of an old book of illustrators. I really didn't have to do much - all I added were small glittery dots for the eyes and contrasting background papers and a sentiment from a set I made.

The card below is one that both JT and I really liked and felt that it could be used in different colourways to create really nice wedding invites.
I used a brocade style paper by Recollections from Michael's (from my Vegas haul), Spellbinders dies for the labels, the new Stampin' Up Bird builder punch (which I think JT might pinch), the sticky ribbon is from JT's collection and I stamped a greeting in black ink.


As the Bird builder punch was new, both JT and I tried it out a fair bit, the next card is fun and I think could be used for both men and women. The papers for the birds are from my oddments box, the green corrugated card which came from JT's stash and the sentiment was a gift from JT a while ago. I like the fact that this card is very bold and that the birds don't make it twee. I'll be trying this in different colours.


Last card for today is using the Stampin' Up Owl builder punch - I will be keeping this under lock and key, as JT has an owl thing..... I have just given this card to a friend at work for her birthday, as I felt the red and black were very her. The black textured brocade paper is from JT's stash - it's from a set her Sister gave her. I used JT's dotty embossing folder for the red strip and everything else is from my stash.

Using my new square punches was causing my head to hurt and then suddenly it came to me that they would be fun to use for kids cards - below are a couple of examples.

Squares and Aliens 
Squares and Aliens close-up
 I like the squares and alien paper by Bo Bunny, it makes a cool kids card. Below is a version for teenagers or adults - I always struggle to use the skull paper, but I think it works here.
Skulls and Squares
Skulls and Squares close-up
That's a pretty long post, but as I've been gone so long, I thought I'd try and bring you up to speed.

Cx









No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx