Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy New Year!

A bit late!

It all got a bit hectic in my world after the HamnMule website launch. Moving office, Christmas, Vegas - quite a lot going on. Hence the lack of blogging.

Hubby and I enjoyed our holibobs in Vegas, but we were glad to come home and get some rest!!

But you'll be glad to know that I have been crafting away quite merrily and got lots of lovely goodies to play with for Christmas and I have bought a few things in the January sales for myself. I also managed to acquire a fair amount of craft booty from Michael's in Vegas. We are off to NYC this year and I can't wait to hit the Michael's there!

Anyway I thought I would make my first post of 2012 about my gorgeous nephew Otis. I decided to make him an advent calendar for 2012 and beyond. He was too young this year to get any joy out of it, so it seemed like a great thing to make for him this year.

I decided I would leave this until the last minute, as I bought a kit to cheat a bit, but that turned out to be a big mistake. The kit wasn't as complete as I had thought, so I had to trawl craft stores and sites the week before Christmas looking for self-adhesive felt shapes and numbers! Fortunately I had a fair few and MM on Christmas Eve delivered what I needed to finish it. Cue frantic sewing before dinner and the traditional trip to the Pub to see the MM Posse! Nightmare. However I must say I am really chuffed with the outcome!

Here a few pics (sorry some of them are not great) to show the process (note I changed the way the name tab was made). Once again, I am really pleased with the end result, but I doubt I will make another one in a hurry :)




I'll be back tomorrow with some Valentine's cards that I have made - some today and some yesterday when I had a craft afternoon with my craft buddy JT. More about that tomorrow and JT's new blog.

Cx

1 comment:

  1. It's brilliant! So colourful. I was thinking of doing mine the other way round - 6 rows of 4... I've got my fabric boxes out and I'm going to have a play.
    Thanks so much for pointing me in this direction, you've been a great help :)
    Laura
    x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx