Monday, March 14, 2011

Mices!

The reason mice are my topic for today is because my parents have mice and are not pleased about it, however their attempts at pest control make entertaining reading!
They no longer have a cat - which has prompted the cheeky mice to set up home in their kitchen. Their dog (Oscar the Jack Russell) is rather unconcerned by the arrival of the mices and in part this is because he can't see too well!
So my parents have tried traps and poison to no avail and finally settled on glue traps - they caught their first mouse today, but were quite distressed at it not being dead and so released it!!

Now I can understand that it's not nice to have to kill any creature (no matter how repellent) but surely this is the point of the whole exercise for my parents?! Anyway it made me chuckle.

Onto the craft stuff! I've written a list of the challenges I want to enter this week, mainly because I will be at my in-laws from Thursday, thru to Sunday (before I start my new job on Monday) and so need to get organised so I can take all the pics before I leave and then I can combine my photography adventures with my Father-In-Law with my challenge entries!

This means today, I have been crafting up a storm and have managed to make today's pic - for 3 challenges:

Corrosive Challenges #107 (sketch below)









Kaboodle Doodles #58 Happy Birthday


Polka Doodles Week 10 Challenge - Black, White + 1 other

I gave this card quite a lot of thought, as it was going to be the entry for 3 challenges. I decided it would be nice to use some red for a change, as I often work with blues, greens, pinks and purples.

I am pleased with the outcome and I think I am going to give it to a friend for her birthday. I used Martha Stewart loop border punch, free sentiment circle (from a disc on Complete Cardmaking Magazine), cute chipboard button that was part of a Christmas gift I received, red wool and papers and gems from my local Poundland.

Finally even though this card wasn't part of a challenge involving her, I should mention that my inspiration was Mary Fish, she makes such beautiful contemporary cards, I love her work, I think she is very talented.

Til tomorrow.

Cx

10 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love that loopy border punch! Great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along @ The Corrosive Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week, good luck! Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love the border punch. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Great to see your work at Polka Doodles Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really striking card Claire.
    Thanks for joining in with my Polka Doodles colour challenge and hope to see you again.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles in our B&W plus one colour challenge - great card! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do like this card - the punched edges look fab! Hope the mouse situation is getting better! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is gorgeous, thanks so much for joining in our challenge at Polkadoodles this week,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I had found this blog before. The advices in this post are very helpful and I surely will read the other posts of this series too. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx