Thursday, March 17, 2011

Early Start

Well today was my first early start in awhile - bit of a shock to the system!

I am on the train on my way to Melton Mowbray, I love this journey it's so quick and so easy. I am going to stay with my In-Laws for 4 days (Hubby arrives Friday night), I'm gonna hang with some friends, see Granny Grantham, do stuffs with my In-Laws and use the new camera A LOT!!

I've got Hubby's netbook with me - not just to blog, but so I can upload all the lovely photos I am planning on taking!

Yesterday I hung out with my friend that just got out of hospital - knowing her, I thought it would be nice to take her some Thank You cards, as it was recently her birthday and I knew she'd be itching to send Thank You's! I was right - yay! She was very happy with the cards and they were especially designed for her - I'll take a pic and show you next week - as next week is going to be a no crafting week, due to me starting the new job, I want to focus! So my posts next week will be mainly about things I have already made.

Today's pic is a card I made for my friends wedding anniversary, I based it on this week's challenge from Get Sketchy #78 (sketch below). I really wanted to make them a special card and as I have been working with lots of pinks, purples and blues, I decided that I would explore green for this card.

I love this card, it really made me smile when it was finished and I got to use lots of fun stuff (more time when you are not working).
I used Pale Green Co-redinations textured cardstock (for the pale green and dark green), Cuttlebug Spotty embossing folder, Pink Petticoat Pretty Little Hearts digital papers, Smirk buttons, Papermania stamp, Versamark chalk ink in Oasis Green and a Woodware heart punch.

I thought I should mention that the heart punch has special meaning for me, as I bought it 7 years ago to make my parent's wedding invites, which was my first foray into card making.

See you tomorrow, hopefully with some pics of my adventures in MM!!

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx