Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How have I managed without it?!

Yes, you guessed it, I have a new toy!

I finally relented and bought myself a 3M ATG (adhesive tape gun) - truly it is the best thing ever! How I have managed to make all the Christmas crafts without it, I don't know!

I have been using disposable tape rollers, which are great, but they have actually been costing me a fair amount of money. I was watching a tutorial on YouTube and the demonstrator had one of these 3M guns and I was like - what is that?! I want one!!

So I did some research and the 3M version got the best reviews, they had a deal, I called Hubby to sense check my logic and then I bought it.

It is superb - a bit trixsy to get the tape in first time round, but I bet the next time will be easier. You get 44metres of tape per roll and it's currently £2.61 a roll - if that's not value for money I don't know what is! The tape is so sticky that I have found I can apply it to cards and then stick buttons and glitter onto the tape and they adhere and don't fall off later (normally you'd need to use a tacky glue) - it's truly amazing.

This latest addition to my craft kit, made me think about when I first starting crafting. Basically the tools I had were very basic, but useful. I have tried to only buy things that will make my craft life a lot easier and that I will get a lot of use out of. Implulse buying as a crafter is hugely tempting! I think impulse buying paper, embellishments, stamps etc is fine - there will always be a way to use those things, but its different with tools. They are a large investment and sometimes quite bulky! So not great to have hanging around until you decide you do actually like it / need it.

From the blogs I read and from the things that my few craft buddies tell me (insert sob here, I need more craft buddies) I think everyone's tool kit is different (there are obviously lots of things that most crafters have) - depending on how you like to work, the size of your craft space and what you make. 3 years on there are definitely things that I couldn't live without and there are things I have bought that I shouldn't have, but I think I'm getting wiser!

I have struggled to think of a picture that suits today's post (possibly because I am tired from the late night crafting and an early start today), so decided to just be a bit random and show a picture of my dream craft room - from Happy Zombie - I am totally jealous, I know one day my space will be fantastic doesn't mean I can't be envious right?

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx