Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Christmas Crafts!

1. Christmas Stocking
So it's a bit strange that in August I am starting to make things for Christmas, but I learnt a valuable lesson this time round. It's better to start making the things I want to sell sooner rather than later. It means my items are better quality - as I am not rushed, I also get more time to experiment with new techniques and ideas.

I've been looking around for ideas for Christmas, as I want to make things for the Leicester Craft fair, but also as Christmas gifts.

I have been giving boxes of cards, scarves, etc for awhile now and I will still be giving cards - but I think people would appreciate a different gift.

I also am trying to convince Hubby to let me have a Christmas Tree this year and so will be making Christmas Tree decorations for us and to sell.

Here are a few pics of the things I'm going to try and make.

2. Baubles
1.Christmas stockings
2. Baubles - using clear plastic balls, that I can either decorate the outside, put pretty things (ribbon, etc) inside or turn them into little stocking fillers, with a brooch, or some homemade sweets
3. Christmas decorations - this pic is of little wooden trees, that you can paint and embellish, I am going to try out other shapes - stars, balls, snowmen
4. Clutch bags
4. Clutch bags - these little bags are from lushlee, they are the cutest thing ever and have totally inspired me to give clutch bags another go (it was a disaster last time). I love the lushlee site and spend far too much time drooling over all the lovely things


 5. Table runners/napkins/coasters/placemats - I made some of these for a friend last year and I think they make great gifts, good use of oddments too for the coasters. The pic here is of a gorgeous set made out of white pebbles by Viva Terra - I love them, I will NOT be making out of stone - how much time do you think I have?!
6. Cushions

5. Table runners/placemats
6 - Cushions - I've made cushions for my home, my Mother and a friend, so think I'm ready to branch out. The pic is from CinnamonLime, I met the maker of all their products at the Craft Market on Saturday and I was inspired by her work.

Anyway, this should give you some ideas too and some lovely new sites to check out.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx