Wednesday, June 28, 2017

4 cards 1 stamp set: Wplus9 Happy Birds..


Hey,

So today is fun, as I am linking up with my friend Jen to show you the cards we made using the Wplus9 Happy Birds set.

Before we get into the cards, let me talk a bit about Jen.

She has been one of my online craft crushes for a long time. Then last year she reached out to me via my blog and BOOM huge friendship - she is awesome and her messages / emails make me howl with laughter. She is totally my kind of people. Thank god for the internet. We get to meet face to face in 4 weeks - OMG so excited I am wiggling as I type this.

You might remember her being mentioned here before as she sent me the Monster stamps I so desperately wanted! Anyway, check out her blog, she is wickedly talented, has the most excellent sense of humour and is an all round sweetie pie.

I used this stamp set recently and mentioned that I wanted to do 4from1 with it and she said wanted to do it too - hence our linked posts.

I did something a bit different for me and stamped, coloured and cut all the birdies first. It meant that I had to think about what I was going to do with them and so they were all coloured to suit their cards. I used distress inks and an aquabrush to colour them.


My fave of the whole batch is the one that became and anniversary card for my in-laws (45 years!!). I thought it was romantic enough to work, but not so girly that my FIL would be all eye rolling!


Just going to show you one more, so this post doesn't become war and peace!!

I chose the french fry card - I love the sentiment, I added a bit of texture paste to the white panel, so the bird stood out even more. The 'Happier' stamp is by Neat & Tangled  - awesome set, comes with so many fun sayings.


Confession time, it took me WAY too long to realise that the bird is holding a fry (DUH!!)

I can't wait to see what Jen has made.

Watch this space we'll be back with another 4from1 soon.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Oh these are brilliant, what great cards, Hope you have a brilliant meet up, I met a few MAWTT Teamies the other month and it was AMAZING!!! Love Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! Love them all and of course I laughed at you about the fry, because I totally saw it (not!). Enjoy your meet up when it happens, the blogosphere is brilliant at bringing people together x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ROCK!!! I am impressed at how you planned them all out in advance - I suck at that. I keep changing my mind about which is my favourite. I love the layered tape & paper scraps on the first one. The texture on the second one is so cool - I need to break out my texture paste again. I am totally going to CASE your anniversary card. It's so cute!
    And thank you so much for your sweet words although I struggled a bit to read them because I must have gotten something in my eye at the time...

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx