Wednesday, December 28, 2016

OCC: Watercolouring for Card Makers Day 2..part 2


Hey,

So following on from yesterday here is part 2 of Day 2 of the Watercolouring class I bought forever ago over at OCC.

Again I did this part of the class over the Thanksgiving break

This part of Day 2 was taught by Jennifer McGuire and it was all about more backgrounds, masking with vibrant colours..

It was a lot of fun and I got to practice masking. I used Rubber Cement as my masking medium.

I chose to mask off 3 different images, which I watercoloured over. Here are my finished images (pre-card)


I made a bit of a boo boo with the Hello Beautiful, it was a bit wet when I went to take the rubber cement off, but I like the roughness.

I decided that as I had already made a set of cards as a gift for a friend, one of these should be her birthday card - the main card today (stamps by Unity Stamp Co and Penny Black). I really like the main card, simple stamping over the top of the mask onto the bright lime watercolour and then a simple mat and sentiment make the lady and the lime background really pop.

The other two cards I also kept simple -


A bit of a blingy mat for this one, I thought it needed to pop a bit more. Stamps are by Stampin' Up and Studio Calico.


I kept this one super simple to try and downplay the mistake I made. Stamp is by Simon Says Stamp.


Fun cards..need to do Day 3 now...

Cx

1 comment:

  1. I'm cracking up right now because I paid for this class too and never got past Day 1. After seeing these though I'm feeling inspired and maybe working through the whole series of classes needs to be a New Year's resolution. I love how these came out. That Unity lady is a favourite of mine and she looks extra sassy against that fabulous lime green!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx