Friday, December 30, 2016

Flippin' Fabulous Playdate..


Hey,

Yesterday JT and I had an epic Skype playdate..we made a lot of stuff, which I will show you next week.

We decided that it would be fun to play along with a challenge and we chose Freshly Made Sketches 


The deal was that we had to use something new from our annual Black Friday $20 challenge haul - every year we spend $20 (well..maybe more this year) on buying things for the other person that they wouldn't buy for themselves. We always set a theme, this year it was 'Loft Art Inspired' 'Animals' and 'New to me this year'.

I love everything in my haul, I'll talk about it more next week.

I decided to flip the sketch and I broke out my new Summer Stickers (Crabs, Pineapples and Flip Flops) to use with the YNS Flippin' Fabulous stamp.
I coloured the Crab using Zig brush markers and die-cut him using a stitched square die, I die-cut a piece of scrap paper that felt like Sea and added them both to my card with a tan background that JT and I agreed on, as it looked like sand.

Final touch was to add the flip flop stickers, over the ones the Crab is holding in the stamp - they look like they were meant to be there!!


Love the whole thing, every time I look at it I smile - a lot.

I love playdates.

Cx


4 comments:

  1. How cute is THAT?! A crab holding flip flops? So creative and sweet, love the wavy paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This rocks! The dimension from the flip flop stickers is so cool and they really do fit perfectly. Can't wait to hear more about your Black Friday haul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how this came out, I think the sandy background and wavey paper were the perfect way to complete mister crab. I am so glad I got myself those flipflops too...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so much fun and I love that you flipped the sketch - it gives it such a new look and so many more possibilities! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx