Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Christmas in July...

What!!!

I know, I know.. it's too early to be thinking about Christmas right?

Paperless Post is doing a Christmas in July challenge and I was so excited to be invited to participate!

There are some really great party invites over at Paperless Post and it sparked an idea for creating my own one..wouldn't it be fun to throw a  Christmas party in July - what would it be like?

I like the idea of a beachy, bright Christmas celebration - like it would be if I lived in Hawaii..

So that is the theme for my imaginary party - Hawaii...

Here's my invite -

Invite template by Paperless Post (image not included)
Ha ha ha - see you are wishing that this party was on now aren't you!

As we are in 'Hawaii' I'd be hosting my party at the beach, we'd be barbecuing the Turkey and the sides and I'd ask everyone to bring a Christmas / Holiday dessert -

Like these fun Meringue Trees -

Image courtesy of Two Sisters Crafting
 Or these Christmas Tree cakes..yums!!

Image courtesy of Cuded Art and Design
How do you decorate a beach Christmas..

Wouldn't it be fun to add twinkly lights to these homemade Christmas Mason jars..

Image courtesy of Put it in a Jar
...then as it gets late, everyone gets a jar and it would feel all festive and intimate..

Of course everyone loves to get a present and I wouldn't let you leave my party empty handed.

Continuing the Hawaii theme, I stamped some paper with Pineapples, Christmas trees and festive wording and made it into mini Christmas boxes, complete with a Snowflake flower LOL -


Who knows what would be in your Christmas in July present, but whatever it is, I am sure you'll love it!

It is still a bit early for some people to be planning Christmas, but personally I think that it's always good to start thinking about these things...If you are not a crazy cardmaker like me, check out the great Christmas Cards on offer over at Paperless Post.

Cx


3 comments:

  1. I'll totally come to a Hawaiian Christmas party, especially if you're going to make me all that food! Love your pineapple Christmas box, that's too much fun. Really big fan of your gradient inks - or is that blending through a stencil?? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..you would totes get an invite and they are gradient inks..

      Delete
  2. Ok, I'm in. I need a meringue Christmas tree! Cara x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx