Monday, December 8, 2014

Skype playdate fun....


Hey,

Hope you had a good weekend! I did!

I hung out with Hubby this weekend, we did dinners and brunches and shopping and lounging..fun times.

Yesterday I had a great playdate with JT..we gossiped about craft and life stuff. We opened Christmas present early. It was mucho fun, just like old times..only remotely - little bit sad..

We made 3 cards using some new parts of our kit where we could.

The main photo today is of the first card we made. We used this gorgeous idea from Pinterest as inspiration.

Pinterest inspiration
I decided to use the new tag dies that JT sent me. I punched the white card using a random $1 EK Success punch. I assembled the tags using foam tape, a brad and a sentiment by Hero Arts. To finish the card I added some wooden adhesive dots.

I recently bought both JT a Ellen Hutson die - Treat Yo' Self - it has caused much hilarity between us. So card 2 was all about this crazy die -

Playdate Card 2 - Treat Yo' Self
I had the heat embossed piece on my desk already. A few nights ago I was having a play with my new SSS Dec card kit Ranger embossing powders this one is Enchanted Gold and its super glittery. I used it with a Heidi Swapp mini circles stencil. I die-cut Treat Yo' Self from a scrap of hexagon paper. I added 'it's your birthday' to give the big sentiment some context :)

I love this die, everything I make with it, makes me smile.

For the last card of the epic date, we worked with something we had purchased on Black Friday -

Playdate Card 3 - Something new..
I opted to use new papers that I bought as part of a random scrapbooking mini kit at Burlington of all places - for the grand sum of $3! The kit came with all kinds of stickers, so the gold start at the front is one of the stickers mounted using a foam pad. I die cut the star and the happy from scraps - the yellow paper was embossed, so adds a bit of texture.

I'm going to stamp Birthday inside this one before I use it.

A fun way to spend my Sunday morning. Miss you man.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Super play date cards Claire, glad you had a good weekend! Hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great day. I am very jealous of that $1 punch in the first card. Third card is great with those papers but Treat yo'self is the winner of the day I think. Miss you man! x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx