Sunday, October 19, 2014

New Technique...


Hey,

As we all know I am a technique / tool junkie..its an addiction and I need help :)

Recently I was on YouTube watching videos (enabling me to purchase more!!) and I came across this video -

It blew my mind..

I have been spending my birthday money on lots of new goodies - alcohol inks were on the list, so I thought I'd have a go.

I am really happy with the 2 cards I made, the inks look awesome on the acetate and it made me brave enough to play with them on other paper as well - more on that later in the week.

The headline card today was made by cutting a 3x3 square section of my acetate creation and attaching to the card with mini staples. I die cut fabric circles and added a blingy fabric flower, that I removed from a paperclip (image below shows what they normally look like) -


I am pretty pleased with the die cutting of the fabric - this a new one for me - finally putting the Big Shot to the test!

Here is my second card - very simple - in part because I LOVE the patterns that I ended up with.


They are a little bit weird / unusual, but I think they are fun.

Cx

4 comments:

  1. That looks fun!! I like to try new things too, but I always try them once and never again. Great job for trying - and yes, YouTube is an enabler!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! this looks so much fun Claire… and the effect is very pretty! Love the gorgeous colours and the fab flower! ;-)
    Hope you've had a lovely Sunday!
    Big hugs
    Sue B xx


    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards Claire,great colours! D'you know, alcohol inks are the one crafty thing I've never really enjoyed using! We've taught our workshops with them a few times but there's just something about them with me, lol! Hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so snazzy! I love it. My favourite is the bottom one as the drips are so drippy and petal like. You'll have to teach me that over Skype some time x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx