Monday, March 25, 2013

Trying new things


Hello, hope you all had a nice weekend. 

Hubby and I had an amazing dinner at L'escargot on Friday night as part of London Restaurant Fortnight and the rest of the weekend was spent doing NYC admin (we are leaving on 2nd of May - eeek) and crafting.

As Hubby bought me a new tablet to go with my digital subscription to Cards, I have been in the craft room flicking through the magazines and getting ideas.

I thought I'd show you some of the things I've been making this weekend. One of these cards is winging it's way to JT as part of Card Exchange, not telling which one though :)

The main photo was based on this idea - 

Robot example
I really like the general structure of the card. It uses a fair few techniques, but I think that is ok when you are making special cards.

Next up is a card that is quite straightforward and I think you can fussy it up a bit if you wanted to.

Card Example
My version is below, I like the different papers, I just happened to have a circular paper, which works well with the blue spotty paper. The glittery frame is new and part of the Making Memories Chips range, the floral tape is new too and from Tiger.


The final card is one I chose to make as I thought it would be easy to make using my fave Spellbinders label dies.

Hello Example
 I used Pink Petticoat patterned papers and a peach co'ordinations paper. The flower I made using the scraps and a Sizzix die that came with my Big Shot. I am really into making these flowers right now :) I do wish I hadn't bothered with the faux stitching, but I still like it.
My Hello Card
That's all for now, I have been working on some other great over the top girl cards, which I'll show you tomorrow.

Cx


2 comments:

  1. Not long to go now!!!!!! You must be getting so excited now.
    Love the cards. They all look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one is fun - the layered flower looks amazing but I can already tell that is one of those "way to much effort for a normal card" situations. Still, it looks amazing. Can't wait to find out which one is mine!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx