Wednesday, January 23, 2013

WOYWW 190 - Cutting, cutting, cutting


Whoo hoo! It's Wednesday, so it's time for WOYWW, hosted by the wonderful Julia over at Stamping Ground.

If you are new to WOYWW, it's the time of the week where you get to look at craft desks from around the world - whatever state they are in.

As you can see my desk is a bit equipment heavy this week and seriously untidy!! I hardly ever leave my desk like this, but with the snow, the epic journey to work and the cold, I just haven't felt like tidying...don't judge me...

I decided to follow Julia's twofer post from WOYWW 189 and give you bonus desk pictures. The main photo is of my entire desk and I thought you might not be able to see the detail (this is the best bit of WOYWW for me - the nosing at the detail..), so here are 3 more photos.

Left Side -

Some boxes full of odd bits and bobs - papers, embellishments, etc, on top of the boxes are some anniversary cards that I thought I'd finished, but now think they should have a greeting - advice please. You can also see some paper twine (which I love and it's from Poundland!), Sizzix die cut flowers and Scottie Dog die cuts, the flower punches from last week and a small selection of pro-markers, tape, stamps - aaaaaaargh!! Why is there so much and this is ONE side of my desk....

Middle -

The Big Shot, the new journal layout - just peeking out behind that is my set of Xcut tag dies, my stack of ribbon, in the background propped against the glue pots is a little New Baby gift I am playing with - you can just see the blue felt 'Y' against the patterned paper. On top of the big shot to the right are some magnetic shims I am trying out (£2 on sale) - so far so good I really like them.

Right Side -

Good old ATG + glasses on top, Sizzix packaging....more new stuff (oops), scissors, my desktop recycling bin that needs emptying, my paper trimmer, various punches and inks and just poking out from under the Sizzix packaging is my beloved Versamark black ink pad - what on earth would I do without you?

How on earth did my desk get so messy?! To reward you for your patience and to prove I do not just buy new goodies and that I do actually craft :) I took a photo showing of the Scottie Dog card I am planning for a boy birthday.

Cute right? I'm also hoping to make a few of these for sale on the website...which needs updating with the Valentine's Day stuff...this weekend for sure.

Happy WOYWW and thanks for your patience today.

Cx

27 comments:

  1. Now there's a lot of crafting happening at your desk. Jill #56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha there is a lot going on, I think it's because I am getting ready to finish working and I am super excited by the free time...so planning lots of things! Cx

      Delete
  2. Loving the scottie dog and the card with the three hearts on looks pretty. Thank you for the extra photos it is so nice to see what other people have.
    Ria #92

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ria, I'm glad you like them, it's so nice to share what's going on. Cx

      Delete
  3. Coooool - when my workdesk looks like that, I know it was a perfect crafting session!!!! LOVE IT!

    Greetings from desk #70, which is far too tidied up at the moment *lol

    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a big shot and no matter what you do, it just takes up a lot of room...if you remove it, your desk will be clean! lol, well, almost! Trust me, I don't judge cause I understand and relate! Cute Scottie btw! Thanks for visiting my desk, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! Thank you for dropping by my blog :)
    You sure have a busy desk, but there's some bright, vibrant colours everywhere - those flowers are pretty and the Scotty dog is fun!!
    Hugs. LLJ 37 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire how sweet that little scottie dog card is. You have a very productive desk going on here. Thanks for your visit. Hugs Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dog, that is super cute!! The desks I call creative chaos, an I love it!!
    xxDaniella#107

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lot of stuff. Thanks for the extra photos, I love seeing the details. The heart card looks fab as is. The scottie card looks like another good one also.
    Happy WOYWW
    Alison #100

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots going on...you are a bit like me in that I like to have lots of projects going at once...I get bored too easily! teehee

    I think the hearts do need a sentiment. If they are to sell in your shop, I have a suggestion...For an anniversary I imediately think of 2 intertwined hearts and then a sentiment.

    Your scottie dog card is so adorable...he would look so cute with a little tag hanging from his collar that said Happy birthday or whatever...sort of like a dog tag IRL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks, I will be adding a sentiment, totally agree with you. We are totally on the same wavelength, wait until you see the finished card..

      Delete
  10. Back again...forgot to say thanks for visiting and yes they are glass jars. I fell in love with them and luckily they are from the dollar store...when it was still only a dollar. They came in large (bottom ro) medium (I don't have any) and small (the second row). There is actually a thrid row on top that are tiny candy jars...they house my teensy flowers. I am on a mission this year to make tons of flower cards as I have thousands of flowers! They are out of style to card makers...but my girls some and raid my stash for 20 or 30 cards at a time...they are delighted with a bunch of flowers and a sentiment...I plan to churn out lots of those this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the update, love those jars. I too have a bejillion flowers and I too am determined to use as many of them as I can this year.

      Delete
  11. great looking desk and don't worry about me judging you...I couldn't! I love keeping stuff in arms reach so this looks very familiar! Thanks for sharing and have a great crafty week! Vickie #35

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally cute Scottie dog card, Claire! Thank you for all the photos and lots and lots of eye candy to enjoy today. Now clean it up! LOL!

    Thanks for coming by the Playhouse earlier! Have a wonderful week!! ♥ Darnell #131

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute Scottie card.
    Thanks for stopping by
    Laura
    66

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the scottie cut out of that grid paper, looks fab. And the magnetic shims, good idea, may have to research these too. Really enjoyed your threefor!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The magnetic shims are great and really handy when using smallish dies.

      Delete
  15. You have some lovely looking hearts there in my favourite colour. I think if it was me, I'd add a greeting, but hey that's just me!!
    Love your Scottie dog, how cute is he.
    Thanks so much for visiting already and your lovely comments.
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Lisax #60

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally with you Lisa, I am definitely adding a greeting.

      Delete
  16. Cute ATC and love the close ups of your desk - funny mine has the big shot in the centre at the moment lol - Have a great week - Nicky 82

    ReplyDelete
  17. great , busy desk lots to mooch in. Cute dog aand like the hearts I can see. Sorry I'm late. Anne x #145

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for visiting my workdesk - and I could be of help (with my "wall of stuff") trying to convince your husband that you need a real craft room, not part of your living room! Good luck. CarolCel #121

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol - once again, thanks so much. Hubby is totally convinced now and we are agreed that I get half of the huge bedroom we will have in NYC. Yay!

      Delete
  19. I love the different colored boxes stacked on the back of your desk!

    The scottie dog card is really cute!

    Have a wonderful WOYWW (on Friday!)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx