Monday, January 14, 2013

Spring Birthday!


I've been inspired by my work colleague Katie to make a whole series of pretty spring birthday cards.

You got a sneak preview of what I've been up to on WOYWW 188. I dedicated some of my lazy weekend to finishing these cards off.

Today's main photo is of the first spring card I made, that was shown on my desk earlier in the week. This is my favourite of the 9 cards I made.

I really like working with the Pink Petticoat papers and my trusty HP printer and good quality ink-jet card from Rymans really did a great job. The Autumn Blossoms and Pear papers are my favourites :)

I get the feeling this is going to be a long post, so I'll start out telling you what I used to make these cards, there are elements of some or all of these items on each card.

I used the following items:
- American Crafts coloured twine
- Pink Petticoat digital papers (papers are from various collections including the new colour palette update, autumn blossoms and little big dots). I also used tiny everyday sentiments also from Pink Petticoat.
- Papermania Vintage Notes buttons and big bloomers. Also used and by Papermania are the Capsule Collection big bloomers
- The plain paper flowers are all from random craft stores
- Core'dinations coloured core stock, from various collections
- Woodware tag punch
- I used A6 card blanks, double-sided foam tape, UHU (yep, I might have mastered it...) and a mini-dot permanent glue roller.

Here are the rest of the photos -

Orange & Walnut - Butterflies & Flower
Blue Hydrangeas & Flower
Pink & Blue - Spotty Circles & Stripy Flower
Green & Orange - Big Dots & Stripy Flower
Green & Yellow - Pears & Damask Flower
Apricot & Green - Green spots, Apricot Wild Roses & stripy flower.
Pink & Grey - Pink Wild Roses and Grey & Pink Flower
Baby Blue & Turquoise - blue checks, turquoise and baby blue flowers
I am so pleased with these cards, can't wait to get them to Katie and get some up on the website..

I also spent the weekend watching bball and NFL games and making Valentine's Day cards, which I'll be showing you soon.

Cx

5 comments:

  1. They are beautiful! Thank you.
    Carol.x #59

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ladies, glad you like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the orange and walnut card. Such great papers. Big love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought you would like that one...butterflies?

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx