Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Journal 2013 - part 1


We are not discussing the snow! I had to wfh yesterday, which is nice and a pain all at once. Today seems better but they are now running a reduced service on the trains...

Anyway, yesterday I told you about my new project - a Journal for 2013. I wondered if I could make a journal without having to purchase anything new? Also this year is a big one for me, with the move to NYC and turning 40, so a journal seems like a good idea.

So I thought I would share how I am putting mine together. Basically I don't want to embellish all of the pages. I want to try and do that closer to the month of the page, so that I can think about complimenting the photos and things that are going on the page.

The main photo today is of the papers I am using to create my pages. I've used the pretty set by American Crafts - I've been using it a lot :) I cut the papers to size, x2 of each from each paper (x4 of one kind) and round the corners. I haven't been too accurate with my cutting to size..

I realised that I would need to plan how to use the 20 pages of my album, so I did a little drawing..


As you can see I have dedicated 6 pages to Sept, which is my birthday month...I am anticipating an action packed lead up to my 40th..

The album is one of 3 that I bought at Michael's in Las Vegas in 2011 and I've had no idea what to do with them.
Album - closed

Album - open
I also cut out shapes for writing on and arrows for the month - I used a mixture of papers for these.

Framelits arrow die, used for 'Month'
Shapes and index cards for 'Text'
I wanted to show you a pre-planned page (for July), so you could see how all the elements plus embellishments will come together. Notice the bicycle that was on my desk on WOYWW 189..

A July page
Below is the finished spread.

July pages finished
You can see I've stamped the month onto the arrows, added some Candi's to the bicycle, added another tag/embellishment, but there is plenty of space for photos, notes, tickets, whatever!

Tomorrow is WOYWW so I'll be back on Thurs to show you what the album looks like now all the pages are in (some finished, some in planning..)

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx