Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fun start to 2013


I mentioned on Sunday that Saturday's playdate was an epic one. JT and I had great fun, we gossiped, drank wine, ate curry and made approx 40 cards between us!!!

I took all the photos yesterday and realised that I will need to create 3 posts to show them all to you.. So today's post will be birthday focussed.

Today's main photo is of the card I like the most out of all of the ones I made. JT brought some printouts from Pinterest for inspiration and this card was a modified version of that. I love how sparkly the whole card is, the presents were die cut using a Quickutz die, the bows were a gift from JT, the sentiment is a peel-off and the glittery foam is from my local craft store. I think this makes a good male birthday card.


The card above was made using JT's fancy stamp set - the minute I saw it I knew that it would work brilliantly with the Spellbinders dies I have. I think I was right about that :) I added a glittery outline, some bling and a sentiment.

The next card uses my new Papermania Capsule collection big paper flowers - which I am in love with, I also bought the Vintage Notes ones...naughty, naughty. I cut the scalloped circle using a Spellbinders die and then embossed it with the new folder I bought just before Christmas, added a button (also new and from the Papermania Vintage Notes collection) and a sentiment.

I really like this card, it has a funny story attached too, as Ma was here when I was making it and she announced it would be better with 'bling' in the middle, not a button. Who is the card maker here?! I disagree, but she is my Ma, so maybe I'll make a blingy one for her next...

Continuing with the big flower theme, here are 2 more cards made using the flowers. I like the yellow one, as I am into the twine and tag thing right now, but I am going to need to modify it slightly, as the spotty paper is all wonky and unless it's going to JT (ha ha) I can't really give it to anyone like this. The blue one is a fun use of a scrap piece of Zebra paper.

Also, you might have noticed, some of my paper edges are a bit frayed...I need a new paper trimmer - STAT. I'll be getting on the case with that this week.



This post is getting kind of long, so I'll end here..think it might take me all week to show you the playdate items...especially as I want to do WOYWW this week.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    Thank you so much for popping along to my blog and leaving your advise on the bamboo tablet =) Your cards are beautiful looking forward to reading your blog. Em xx Your newest follower =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Em, thanks for your lovely comment - I'm glad that the Bamboo tablet advice was helpful - I love mine! Cx

      Delete
  2. The stamp set makes a beautiful card - I need to get that shape of die-cutters so I can copy your style!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx