Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fun Start to 2013 Part 3




I really enjoyed WOYWW yesterday, can't wait for next week, I love seeing other crafter's desks...nosy, nosy.

Anyway back to this post....just how many cards did we make on Saturday!!

This is the final post and the main photo today is a slight cheat, as I made it before the playdate, but made it as I had an idea of how to use the new papers that I got on sale at TK Maxx and wanted to show it to JT, as I thought it would give us food for thought. The papers are gorgeous and are by Amy Tangerine for American Crafts and I also used them when I made the dress form cards for JT and her family before Christmas. I am very happy with this card. I really like how Liz over at Pink Petticoat uses twine and tags on her cards, so thought I'd have a go myself. The sentiment tag is one I punched from a Pink Petticoat set using my new-ish tag punch. The twine is also by American Crafts and was part of a 24 roll set that I split and gave half to JT for Christmas. The twine colours are absolutely gorgeous. Below is a close-up, so you can see the sentiment and the button.


The card below is another fave from my makes on Saturday. The embossing folder belongs to JT and the ribbon is off of the Christmas gifts she gave me. I just love the simplicity of it all. It's based on a Pinterest sketch, that I modified slightly.

Embossed Birthday
The next card is actually for JT's husband. It's his birthday soon and I am sure he doesn't read my blog, so think we are safe showing this! I really wanted to use the star embossing folder and thought the big circular digital stamps would work here. The spotty paper, blue button and zebra candi give it a bit of zing!

Star Birthday

Star Birthday Close-up
I bought a roll of cupcake tape for us to play with. I'm not totally convinced about the tape, it's a tad big, but I think JT's cupcake embossing folder looks awesome.

Cupcake Birthday
The final card is very simple and I like how all the pinks compliment each other.


So that is the epic playdate posted. I'm really pleased with the output. I should be back over the weekend with a complete post of the cards I've been making for my work colleague Katie. Oh and pop over to JT's blog to see what she made. I think both of us were channelling our inner Mary Fish (I love you Mary Fish).

Cx

p.s I have decided that I will be very poor when we move to NYC, as I will be able to get my hands on all kinds of American Craft goodies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx