Monday, September 24, 2012

A joy in name..



..and a joy to make.

A couple of months ago, JT and I had our usual craft playdate (but without Husband supervision..uh oh) and I decided to take along a new idea for us to try.

It's a joyfold card - really easy to make it turns out and we had such fun make them, JT has already posted hers.

We found that using the pretty pre-printed DCWV cards worked really well for half of the card. I made considerably more than I have posted here, but these 2 are my faves.

The main picture is of the card I made for my friend in Seattle. I love the colours, they really remind me of Michelle and I know she'll love it (when I finally send it).

Below is my Ma's birthday card. I always put a lot of thought into Ma's card, as she is such a big supporter of everything I make and I know she really appreciates the pretty intricate cards. I finally got to use the Dovecraft sparkly ribbon, that I have been 'saving' for a special occasion! The oval scallop was a new purchase from Michael's in NYC.


This is such a great technique, my top tip when making these is measure everything, this way you prevent waste - I did get a bit lazy and it cost me some beautiful card stock. I love making these and have been thinking about how I can make them as Christmas cards for 'chosen' people. Making all my own personal cards like this might be a bit much!

It's my birthday this week, so I am mostly out celebrating! But I will be attempting to take photos of some of the Christmas ideas that I am working up for the craft fairs that JT and I are doing. We had a little meeting (over Champagne) last week to agree which idea's worked. You can see JT's here.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx