Saturday, July 10, 2010

I love scarves!

Hello!

Hope it's hot enough for you - it's very hot here in London. I am going to spend the day loafing around in my Ma's garden, awaiting the return of hubby from Cornwall.

Scarves are of the items that I make and sell lots of. They are quite straight forward to make and I like to experiment with different types of fabric.

Both my Ma and my Mother-in-Law, like scarves make out of jersey!

I on the otherhand, quite like satins and chiffons - today's pic is me wearing one of my own creations made from a really beautiful super shiny satin.

Everywhere I go, I always keep my eyes peeled for a couple of metres of fabric that will make nice scarves, I restrict myself to 2-3 scarves per piece of fabric, depending on the size of the fabric. I do this, because then the scarves become 'limited editions', which lots of people like. I also restrict myself, as my fabric 'stash' is fast outgrowing my storage system and I am sure hubby is going to start selling it on eBay if I buy too much more!

I will post a couple of pictures next week of 2 of my friends wearing their fave scarves that they have purchased from me, it's really nice to see people in my creations.

I love to give scarves as gifts, but this Christmas I think I'm going to have to come up with another gift idea for the ladies, as most of my friends and family are proud owners of several of my scarves!

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx